WNA Blog Home
Are You Mobile Ready?
August 17, 2012 | Danielle MacInnis
This Google tool will help you audit your website for how mobile friendly it currently is.
By 2013, Gartner Group says, “more people will use their mobile phone than their PCs to get online. Mobile searches have grown four times since 2010. There will be one mobile for one person on the earth by 2015! ”
With more of us accessing information via our mobile phones, do you know how your website looks?
Go mobile is a great site that will show you how your site looks on a mobile phone. Go to http://www.howtogomo.com
The site is a Google initiative and gives you valuable information on:
- How your site looks
- How fast your site loads
- Tips and best mobile practices including these:
- Keep it quick – mobile users are short on time so prioritise your content and features they want most
- Use your desktop analytics to see what mobile users are doing
- Reduce large blocks of text and use bullet points
- Compress images for faster loading
- Minimise scrolling and keep it vertical only
- Use clear menus
- Have a search function for complex sites
- Use large buttons that are easy for thumbs
- Design for visibility (contrast)
- Make it accessible (no flash)
- Reduce the number of steps for a transaction
- Click to call functionality for all phone numbers.