View latest eNoticeBoard
Want to speak to Us?
M: 0428 581 609
T: 1800 052 476
Want to borrow money?
Use our Home, Commercial and Refinancing Service
Build Your Small Business
Become a WNA Member
Business building ideas.
FACTS ABOUT WOMEN
- Mothers who run their own businesses account for 16% of the Australian small business sector.
- Half of all female small business owners with children are solo operators and 81% of them work from home.
- According to recent ABS data, there are now more women than men running businesses in the 33-45 year old age bracket.
- Women own almost half of all home-based businesses and one-third of businesses operating from other locations.
- Women setting up business from home is the fastest growing sector of the Australian economy.
- Women make or influence 80% of all purchasing decisions.
- 94% of all Australian businesses have an annual turnover of less than $2 million.
- Women owned businesses have less external debt, are more profitable and profitable much earlier than those owned by men.
SOCIALISE WITH US
Links > Featured Member >
Danielle MacInnis | CEO | MacInnis Marketing
Tell us about your business:
We work with small business owners predominately in a service based business, who are frustrated because they have done some (usually ad-hoc) marketing and they are not getting the right results.
We work with them to put in place a system that helps them make better marketing decisions, attract a regular stream of ideal customers and create a brand that their employees and customers will love.
More info at: MacInnis Marketing
What's been your most outstanding business achievement?
My biggest asset has always been to think like a customer. This empathy for customers has created many insightful marketing strategies for my clients. I have many great milestones over my marketing career and right now I am most proud of strategically growing my small business successfully since it began 4 years ago.
What are your top 3 networking tips?
- Aim to create a real relationship. If you attend a networking event or join a group online, invest your time in really getting to know people. I believe in quality and not quantity, so I try and talk with a few people in depth and try to build an authentic relationship. I also believe in trying to be helpful and resourceful particularly within your area of expertise. People will then come to like, know and trust you.
- Create a one page sheet on your product or service. Have something ready to give potential prospects a taste of what to expect when they engage you or buy your products. It doesn’t have to say everything, but it must give them enough information to want to learn more. What do they get when they work with you? What are the results? If you meet someone and they want to know more about your product or service, what do you give them?
- Create connections for others. I am a huge believer in referring other people who I think can help in any given situation. It all comes back to one of my key values in life which is the 'Pay it Forward' principle. I just think it is nice that if you can help someone out with referral. I am always thinking who I can refer from my network in a given situation.
What's been your most successful career progression strategy?
I discovered when I was a product manager at Hewlett Packard some eight years ago that I was actually in the wrong job. I am a born entrepreneur, full of creative ideas with a real empathy for people. My passion and creativity was hamstrung within the corporate arena. My most successful marketing campaign has been to eat my own dog food and start my own marketing business.
I have never felt so alive, learnt so much or been more satisfied than I am using my talents and skills.
What can't you live without?
Sorry - but it's my mobile phone. I won't confess to checking emails on the loo, but I have come close!
What value and benefit have you or your business gained by being a WNA Member?
I have only started this journey but already I am inspired by the many women who are following their own dreams with their businesses.
Member 2 Member Offer
I have developed an online system for small businesses to get a jump-start on their marketing. I am happy to make this system available for FREE to WNA Members. There are some great tools, templates and resources to help create a simple marketing approach.
You can contact Danielle on M: 0400 507 037 or email her at: email@example.com