View latest eNoticeBoard
Want to speak to Us?
M: 0428 581 609
T: 1800 052 476
Want to borrow money?
Use our Home, Commercial and Refinancing Service
Build Your Small Business
Become a WNA Member
Business building ideas.
FACTS ABOUT WOMEN
- Mothers who run their own businesses account for 16% of the Australian small business sector.
- Half of all female small business owners with children are solo operators and 81% of them work from home.
- According to recent ABS data, there are now more women than men running businesses in the 33-45 year old age bracket.
- Women own almost half of all home-based businesses and one-third of businesses operating from other locations.
- Women setting up business from home is the fastest growing sector of the Australian economy.
- Women make or influence 80% of all purchasing decisions.
- 94% of all Australian businesses have an annual turnover of less than $2 million.
- Women owned businesses have less external debt, are more profitable and profitable much earlier than those owned by men.
SOCIALISE WITH US
Links > Featured Member >
Doreen Schwegler | Owner/Director | All Degrees of Health
Tell us about your business:
I assist clients with fertility, weight and general health concerns, and oversee the operation of a Wellness practise in Essendon Victoria.
This comprises of Natural Health care practitioners (Osteopath, Naturopaths, Psychologist, Acupuncturist, Masseurs) as well as yoga and group training classes.
Our focus is on both treating and/or preventing states of ill-health.
Find out more about my business.
What's been your most outstanding business achievement?
My greatest achievement includes the numerous beautiful healthy babies I’ve played a role in creating, running a successful wellness practice, and authoring “Complete Health Overhaul – a Guide towards Happiness, better sex and healthy aging” and co-authoring Health for Mature Women with Maggie Beer and Lisa Curry, and “Smart Business Builders”.
What are your top 3 networking tips?
- Be interested in the other person.
- Working with a 'win, win' what can we do to help each other attitude.
- Attending a variety of different networking events including having business cards handy for all sorts of situations.
What's been your most successful marketing strategy?
Getting an efficient client data base management system and sending out monthly newsletters, birthday greetings and reminders when they haven't visited for a while to know that we care.
What can't you live without?
My receptionist, Donna.
What value and benefit have you or your business gained by being a WNA Member?
Useful business tips, a very reasonably priced banner, movie tickets, business networking opportunities, a neat glossy magazine and the opportunity to have my articles published in WNA's magazine - Working Women Magazine.
Member 2 Member Offer
With every new booking (for Naturopathy, massage or Acupuncture) receive a FREE Vitality, Longevity and Anti-ageing test and report valued at $50. Learn what you're 'Biological Age" is and what you can do to improve this.
Contact Doreen on E: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on T: (03) 9331 0951.