View latest eNoticeBoard
Want to speak to Us?
M: 0428 581 609
T: 1800 052 476
Want to borrow money?
Use our Home, Commercial and Refinancing Service
Build Your Small Business
Become a WNA Member
Business building ideas.
FACTS ABOUT WOMEN
- Mothers who run their own businesses account for 16% of the Australian small business sector.
- Half of all female small business owners with children are solo operators and 81% of them work from home.
- According to recent ABS data, there are now more women than men running businesses in the 33-45 year old age bracket.
- Women own almost half of all home-based businesses and one-third of businesses operating from other locations.
- Women setting up business from home is the fastest growing sector of the Australian economy.
- Women make or influence 80% of all purchasing decisions.
- 94% of all Australian businesses have an annual turnover of less than $2 million.
- Women owned businesses have less external debt, are more profitable and profitable much earlier than those owned by men.
SOCIALISE WITH US
Links > Featured Member >
Karen Schmidt | Director | Let's Grow! Pty Ltd
Tell us about your current business:
I'm on a mission to grow managers into engaging leaders. I am a workplace gardener, conference speaker, workshop leader, facilitator and consultant.
I work with small business owners, organisations and associations of all sizes throughout Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
Find out more about my business.
What's been your most outstanding career achievement?
Receiving my certified speaking professional accreditation from NSAA.
What are your top 3 networking tips?
- Be genuine.
- Be organised.
- Be generous.
What's been your most successful marketing strategy?
Speaking at networking events like 'Women's Network Australia' luncheons. It builds a great profile and let's people see what I do so they have confidence in using me or recommending me to their colleagues and clients.
What can't you live without?
Seeing nature on a daily basis.
What value and benefit have you or your business gained by being a WNA Member?
New clients, new suppliers, new ideas and new friends. I could go on for hours.
Member 2 Member Offer
WNA Members can access to my frontline leaders online toolkit of resources. Great for small business owners and people working in larger organisations. Normally $97 for WNA members on $57. To sign up email me.
Contact Karen on M: 0411 735 430 or email E: firstname.lastname@example.org