Don’t Ever Roll Over!
You know the scenario. You apply for the job, but don’t get it. You try your hand at a new hobby, but don’t feel you ‘have what it takes.’ Netball or soccer used to be your thing but now you think you’re too old.
The truth is that if you feel you are too old, then you start behaving that way. And even if your bones ache and your joints truly are getting older, it doesn’t mean it’s ‘all over Red Rover.’
The fact is that we are all getting older (unless you know something I don’t?) and many of us give up those things which we really love to make way for wrinkles and arthritis.
Find something else in which you are interested and give that a go. If you can no longer run marathons, try rowing. If you used to love fast paced netball but your hips don’t anymore, water aerobics is great for cardio-vascular fitness and enhancing your mood.
Because one thing no longer works doesn’t mean we throw the whole ‘caboodle’ away. The classic ‘throw the baby, bath, water and the whole house out’ situation.
- Find out what you are interested in
- Make that thing a priority for you
- Help others – volunteer and give some of your time to those who are less fortunate
- Look after yourself – keep well, keep fit, keep happy
- Believe in this wonderful life – unless you believe in reincarnation, it’s the only one you have so make it count.
This is your life and for you to live it. Adapt whatever you need to and continue living a happy and charmed life, making each day count!