Key Life Lessons When Things Are Tough!
We all struggle at times. Life is not always easy and we may find it hard to work out where we fit in. We may lack clarity about who we are, what we want to do and where we want to be – or more importantly – where we are going!
So, we turn to others for advice and come to rely on them to guide us or dictate what’s good for us, which path we must follow. Whilst at times this help may give us some direction, in the long run it can be problematic.
Following the advice of others may seem like a good idea, but further down the track it can lead you to be stuck in a career or relationship that you realise doesn’t work for you, or make you happy. So trust yourself. Believe in you.
“There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
To struggle, whilst not fun, is often a good learning experience.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What makes me happy?
- What are the things I do that fulfil me the most?
- If I had a magic wand, what would my life look like?
- What type of career would I really love to do and why?
- What sort of a manager do I want to be and what will my behaviours look like?
- If I had a relationship, how would that look like for both my partner and me?
“I am a woman with thoughts and questions and things to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
Key lessons to think about when life is difficult for you:
- Don’t make significant decisions when you are in a state of flux or going through hard times
- Know that life will get easier in time
- Surround yourself by supportive and caring people
- Believe in you and that you will come through
- Look after yourself. Stand tall and be resilient
Women are more than multi-taskers. We are gifted, intelligent, do many things at the same time and greatly add value to our lives, the lives of others and the world overall. You are part of this so at times, take it slowly, deal with the challenges and be guided by the greatest source of inspiration you have – you!