Michael Buck IP
Associate, Trade Marks Attorney
I’m a Registered Trade Marks Attorney at Michael Buck IP, a Trade Mark and Patent Attorney firm with a keen focus on helping local businesses protect their intellectual property.
Most people have a fair idea of what trade marks are – usually the name or logo of a company or product. What many people don’t realise is that the only way to obtain an exclusive right in that name or logo is to register it as a trade mark.
I work with brand owners to help them secure and enforce their valuable IP rights - from initial clearance searches, right through the application process and beyond.
Areas of Expertise
- Trade Marks
- Brand Enforcement
- Brand Protection
- Intellectual Property
- Brand Clearance Advice
Education and Qualifications
- 2013 - Graduate Certificate, Trade Mark Law & Practice
Articles on Women's Network
- Trade Marks – What is a “Convention” or “Priority” claim?
- Industry and client recognition for WNA Members of MBIP
- Trade Mark Tips – How to use it so you don’t lose it!
- Thinking of Registering a Trade Mark?
- Trade Mark Tips – How to Choose a Trade Mark
- Do I need a trade mark? I already have a domain/business name/company name!
- Is a DIY trade mark worth the cost?
Member to Member Offer
Together, we can ensure you’re not only free to use your name or logo of choice, but also able to stop competitors benefiting from your good reputation. I’d love to help you secure trade mark ownership over your brand. As a first step, I’ll conduct a review of your brand and provide you with a free, no obligation strategy for obtaining IP rights – just let me know.