Picking Up The Pieces
You have two choices when your life is not working – you can either let life get on top of you and become depressed and find it hard to get back up or you can acknowledge to yourself that you are going through a hard time and that life is difficult right now, but it will get better and you will turn it around.
At times, whether in our business or personal life, things just ‘don’t work.’ We get tired, worn down, upset or frustrated and that’s the time we need to – take time out. To look after ourselves for once, to be able to just buy a little time for ourselves in our busy lives.
Let’s take a reality check:
- Life doesn’t always work out the way you want it to.
- At times, things don’t go our way (sadly) – it’s just part of being human.
- That life does not work well all the time, is not the issue. How you deal with it when it is not working, is.
- Believe that things will get better. Realise that you’re just going through a rough patch, but ‘this too will pass.’
- Surround yourself with loving and supportive people who are there to walk beside you and lift you when you fall.
- Slow down a little and take life easy. Don’t push yourself to the limit. Be gentle on yourself.
- If you are dealing with loss or grief, be extra careful and gentle with you. Loss is hard work and grief is a process that is only over when it’s over!
- Be optimistic. The ability to be positive gets you a long way in dealing with life’s issues.
- Have faith. Whatever that may mean to you, believe that there is a ‘higher power’ guiding you to come out the other side – whole and more learned.
Many women think the more they do at work (and home) the more successful they will be and the more they will get done. Not true! Particularly when you feel tired or are going through ‘stuff.’
Learn to read your own signals when you feel low. That’s the time to ‘check out’ for a while, nurture yourself and make you the most important person in your life.