Women Weary at Work?
We’re nearly through the year now, and chances are you’re feeling a little jaded. The regular mini-breaks you promised to take this year seem a distant memory and ….. you’re back in the same place you threatened you would leave.
Tired and uninspired with, and in, your work.
You tell yourself you’ll change. Things will get better. The boss is going on holiday soon so that should make things better. Well, they might. For the time being.
If you want to live in an inspired and energetic way and love your work, it’s your choice. Not your boss’s.
Ask yourself these questions. For each, score a yes or no (not sometimes)
- Overall do like my work and the tasks I do?
- Do I get enough rest at night to wake up feeling energised in the morning?
- Is my diet healthy, eating plenty of fruit and vegetables and keeping fatty foods out?
- Do I exercise at least 3 times a week (30 – 40 minutes a time) raising my cardio-vascular activity to a healthy level?
- Do I surround myself with positive and engaging people who are good role models in my life?
- Would others regard me as a pleasure to be around?
If you have answered at least 3 or 4 questions with a ‘no’, chances are that you are a woman who is weary at work.
- Take more regular breaks
- Do more things for you – massage, art, theatre, for example
- Look after your health in every way. Without our health, none of us have anything!
- Surround yourself with positive and optimistic people at work and home
- Be kind to yourself. Take a break but be disciplined to look after yourself.