Book Writing – Why Would Anyone Be Interested In What I Have To Say?
The fact that you are in business suggests that people are interested in what you have to say, and would be interested to read a book written by you.
Understanding what you have to say goes to the heart of your brand. It’s why you get out of bed every morning and why you do what you do.
To help you clarify what your customers will be most interested in, consider:
- What are the most common questions I get asked?
- What aspects of my expertise are most often misunderstood?
- What topics do I always find myself talking about with customers or colleagues?
- Are there areas of my expertise that I want to explore further or learn more about?
To help make sure that you are really clear about your topic it can also help to:
- Put together a draft table of contents so you know what you are going to cover.
- Make sure you can explain to anyone in less than a minute what your book is about.
- Draft the back cover copy for your book, keeping in mind what will make people want to read it.
- Figure out why someone would want to read your book rather than someone else’s book on the same topic.
The great thing is that by going through this process you’ll be even more clear about your business and the services that your customers need.
So what are you waiting for?
People will want to hear your vision. And your customers are waiting to learn more so they can become even stronger advocates for your brand.
Now have another think about whether or not anyone would be interested in what you have to say…
Your real life examples, comments and questions will allow us to dive deeper into each of the above questions and perhaps provide other readers answers to their questions. It’s a win-win for all.
I would love to see your questions and comments in the comments box below.