10 Keys To A Successful Business Mindset
You are wasting your time, money and energy if you work on all parts of your business except your own mindset.
Along the way you run the risk of losing your health and precious relationships too.
Here are ten keys to a successful business mindset that will reap rewards in your personal life too.
(Oh, and yes, it does contain a plug for my D.I.Y. head trash clearing book, “The Face Within: How To Change Your Unconscious Blueprint”.
That’s because I wrote it with you, the over-stretched and stressed businesswoman in mind, and that was before the doozy of 2020!)
- Ensure your internal self-image (unconscious blueprint) is as a successful businesswoman, happy, healthy, well-groomed and vital. Once that is programmed on the inside, you’ll find it so much easier for the outside to shift to match. Notice how your confidence and motivation increases without you consciously trying.
- Reclaim your personal power from others. You may have unconscious blueprints of others that disempower you and hamper your ability to set boundaries and get your invoices paid on time, for example.
- Be present. It’s the only moment that is real and what you think, feel and do in the present moment creates your future. It’s safe, so you can relax and focus. Too much time in the past leads to depression and too much time in a scary imagined future builds anxiety. Neither helps you be healthy, wealthy and happy.
- Self-talk is self-programming. Ditch the bitch! Encourage yourself like a best friend. Change “I’ll worry about that later” to “I’ll find a solution for that on Tuesday.” Change “I mustn’t forget XYZ” to “I’ll remember to XYZ when I drive home.”
- Clarify your values and goals, then focus on your path without being distracted by other people’s paths. Ensure the majority of time at work is spent on your business, not someone else’s (emails, posts).
- Forget perfection and make excellent progress. Allow yourself to learn. If you are not making mistakes you’re not growing. Experiment, play, get creative.
- Get it out of your head and write it down in a list, in a diary or Ideas Book, where you can find it again. You can’t calmly focus if you have a head full of “mustn’t forget” white noise.
- Listen to your body. It will give you warning signs, of increasingly serious nature if you don’t pay attention. Rest, rehydrate, move, nourish, connect, enjoy, acknowledge and reward. Self-care is daily, not just an annual birthday massage. If you want to last the distance take care of yourself first.
- Acknowledge and reward everyone, especially yourself! Keep gratitude, celebration and compliment journals to record and reinforce good feelings and to re-read to give yourself a boost on down days.
- Give yourself permission to say NO THANKS to obligations and unaligned opportunities and YES to opportunities in alignment with your business journey.
Just reading these won’t make a huge difference. Implementing one a week will so add them to your diary or calendar, focussing on one per week. In eleven weeks’ time reflect back on the shifts and changes you’ve created for yourself. Celebrate!