How To Get More Social Shares For Your Blog Posts
You’ve spent hours working on your business’s blog, but when you post, you’re just not getting the reach you were hoping for. How do you increase the number of social shares that you receive?
Create great content
The first rule is to make sure that your content is as good as it possibly can be. After all, no matter what you do to capture a reader’s interest on their social media page, if you don’t provide value in your article, they’re not going to share it. Make sure you:
- Write clearly and approachably; no one wants to read your high school lit papers.
- Make sure your content is relevant to your audience. If you run a fishing business and start talking about quilting, your customers will be confused.
Write Interesting Titles
Titles are the second thing readers see when they look at your posts on their timeline (the first is your images). Make sure your title is snappy and interesting.
- Use as few words as possible to get your point across
- Start with the interesting part
- Be cautious with ‘click bait’ titles. If your title promises something that your article doesn’t deliver, even if that’s controversy or argument, customers will get frustrated, and you will lose credibility.
Maximise Your Metadata
Savvy marketers know the huge importance of metadata when it comes to SEO and optimising your blogs to rank higher in search engines. However, your metadata also comes into play when sharing to Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Your metadata title and description determines what social media shows when your article is shared. Make sure to include an eye catching synopsis and a call to action in your description.
Promote Your Best Posts
If you tried to promote every post you made on Facebook, your marketing budget would quickly disappear. Instead, follow the shares and likes each post is getting, and when you find that one is getting more than the average of shares and likes for your page, consider promoting that page to get a wider audience.
It can be frustrating, trying to understand how to get social media shares across your various platforms. But there is a method to social media sharing, and the more you understand what your customers and readers want, the more you can give it to them, and increase the number of shares that you receive.
Back to In The News
- Filter by category
- Advertising & Marketing
- Business Awards
- Business By Social
- Business Consulting & Coaching
- Business Planning & Strategies
- Business Startup
- Business Support & Administration
- Customer Service & Relations
- Design & Illustration
- Digital Technology
- Educational Services
- Events & Entertainment
- Finance & Insurance
- Food & Hospitality
- Health & Wellbeing
- Home & Garden
- Human Resources and Career Advice
- In The News
- International Business
- Legal Services
- Networks, Directories & Networking
- Property & Real Estate
- Public Relations & Media Services
- Tourism & Travel
- Writing, Editing & Publishing