Is your Workplace Safe?
In order to grow, your internal business systems and processes must be relevant, complete, efficient and compliant with relevant legislation. This is particularly important when it comes to Workplace Health and Safety systems.
So, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you aware of your legislative responsibilities and how to comply with injury prevention and management regulations?
- Do you have appropriate injury prevention and management systems in place?
- Would you like to improve your employees’ health and wellbeing in the workplace?
The Injury Prevention and Management (IPaM) program has been developed by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) and WorkCover Queensland to help you answer these questions.
Its purpose is to assist employers across the state in preventing and managing the outcomes of workplace injuries.
At no charge to participate, the program is available to any Queensland employer, regardless of business size or maturity.
How does the Injury Prevention and Management program work?
A dedicated IPaM advisor works to understand your individual business needs and provides tailored advice and support to make improvements that will have a long-lasting positive impact on your business.
Your expert advisor will work with you to develop an action plan and support you through implementation of injury prevention and management systems.
Building your expertise, the program provides you with tools and advice to:
- Prioritise safety and return-to-work issues specific to your workplace
- Review safety processes and procedures to suit your business needs
- Encourage workers to act more safely by involving them in safety decisions
- Determine how successful return to work is achievable for injured workers
- Understand your legislative responsibilities as an employer
The three levels of support available
There are three levels of support available to Queensland employers:
- IPaM Advance – for complex or high-risk businesses with established workplace health and safety and return- -to-work systems
- IPaM Evolve – for growing businesses to evolve their work health and safety and return-to-work systems
- IPaM Small Business – for small businesses wanting to establish a basic work health and safety and return-to-work system.
What results can you expect?
To date, more than 1000 Queensland employers have participated in the IPaM program. They’ve seen the following types of results:
- Greater employee participation and involvement
- Reduced injury and insurance claim rates
- Reduced average claims costs
- Injured workers returning to work sooner
- Increased productivity
- Reduced insurance premium rates
- Reduced workplace injury rates.
If you would like to know more about the IPaM Program, please see the Worksafe website or alternatively, call Dianne Brown from SRJ Walker Wayland on 07 3490 9988.