Using eBooks To Promote Your Business
Sharing useful information and resources is a sure way to elevate your profile and build your credibility. CATRIONA POLLARD discusses the benefits to be gained by writing your own ebook and distributing it to customers, clients or potential new business contacts.
An ebook is a digital book, which is available online and on electronic devices such as iPads or Kindles.
Ebooks are a great way to raise the profile of your business by showcasing your professional knowledge and expertise. By distributing the ebook you can attract new potential customers to your business, raise your brand awareness, promote your expertise and engage with your customers.
Writing an ebook will give you instant credibility and allow you to position yourself as an expert in your field, giving you an edge over competitors and giving clients a compelling reason to do business with you.
You can even sell the ebook as a product of your business and increase your income.
Benefits of writing an ebook
- They don’t have to be long, you can write as much or as little as you like.
- They are inexpensive to produce and distribute globally.
- Customers can easily access them online, instead of needing to go to a bookshop.
- You can reach new potential customers and raise the brand awareness of your business.
- With more and more people using iPads, e-readers or smartphones to read books, creating content for these is a good strategy to get your information to a wider audience.
- It’s a great way to start a relationship with customers and potential customers.
- You can ask for people’s contact details in order to download the ebook from your website. These details can then be used for developing new business or to add to your marketing database.
What to write about?
When considering the topic of your ebook think about your business’s area of expertise. If you are a marketing business, for example, you could write a helpful ebook about online marketing. Your topic should relate to your business so when customers read the ebook they will come to you for more information or to work with you.
You also need to think about your target audience and write about something they would be interested in. The ebook should provide valuable information to your target audience, solve a problem they have or help them do something. If you don’t write for your target audience then they may not read your ebook.
Promoting the ebook
Here are some ways you can distribute your ebook:
● Use it as a free gift for existing and potential customers to generate good will.
● Publish it on your blog.
● Promote it on social media and email it to customers who ask for it.
● Use it internally to train and inform new employees.
● Email it to people you have met while networking.
● Offer it as a product that people can buy from your business.
● Depending on your objectives you may decide to sell it or give it out for free.
Ebooks are a valuable tool for your business because they are inexpensive and fairly easy to produce. They help you to attract potential clients, build your business brand and increase your profile as an expert.
Once you have your own ebook you will wonder what you ever did without it.
Have you thought about writing your own ebook?